Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lost Property


Thursday, after a long day at school, I arrived at the ferry pier with my little associates and found out that they had lost the house key the day before. Since I'd misplaced mine somewhere on the weekend, we found ourselves locked out waiting for the only responsible one in the family to get off work and bring us a key.

It was a week for losing things. On Tuesday the littlest one had lost her ferry pass, so with all the time on our hands, I had the chance to ask after it in lost property. The ferry worker turned on a big smile because he'd found it himself. She was delighted to get it back, and luckily I made her go back to say thank you because then I discovered the phone I'd just left on the counter.

Then I tried to leave Circle K after topping up our all-purpose octopus cards without paying and the boy walked out with a Gatorade and realized embarrassed that he hadn't paid, just outside the store. Next I mis-counted my change and tried to push an extra $20 on the cooks for our supper of dumplings and sticky rice in lotus leaves. It probably was good and necessary to spend the hour and a half calming down, drinking a pint on the promenade and taking pictures of the evening coming on.

No comments: