Monday, June 16, 2008

The End of the Year

Usually I love the cycle of my job. I love the new beginnings and fresh starts. I love sending the kids on prepared for the next year. But I hate the endings.

I am one who has a hard time at New Years and at my birthday every year when I deal with the question of what I've accomplished in the past year. I agonize over new resolutions and over whether I accomplished the ones from before. So the end of the school year is also rough.

This year I'm not moving to a different school, so I'm not leaving everyone I know. But it's also hard not having the end of year ceremony of saying good-bye. There are people leaving this school, but I'm not friends with any of them. Here am I at the end of a whole year without any close friends at all.

So it's reflection and resolution time. I have at least one more year commuting to Hong Kong. I haven't done so very well this year, though I have survived. I wonder what I can do to make it work next year. I have a summer to think about it - another reason I love my job.

1 comment:

Sarah A said...

I'm thinking about that, too, since I'll probably only teach for two more school years.