Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Humid is...

On Sunday I climbed about 850 stairs that went 700 metres up the mountain, then looped around, came back down and went to the Rockpools for the first time this year. The sky was wonderfully clear. I don't understand how I could see so clearly or so far with that much moisture in the air. It was as wet and warm as a when you were a child and a fat adult engulfed you in damp cuddles and sweet breath.
I'm learning about humidity here.
Humid is:

When it's cool and dry in my bag compared to the outside weather.
When my camera steams up when I bring it out into the open.
When there is a level of dampness to the hanging clothes that is the new "dry."
When the dust won't come up with a broom or vacuum because it's stuck to the floor.
When the hassock smells of the house it lived in three years ago.
When I step outside at the end of an air-conditioned work day and my skin feels like I just put on lotion.
When the tops of the books feel wet in the book case.
When my brown wool pencil skirt I wear for interviews is growing mould in the closet.
When apartments float as mirages in the sky.

1 comment:

JM Vigil said...

The first photo is just amazing, great view. The second photo I'm still trying to figure out.