Saturday, January 12, 2008

Look up!

It was almost a year ago that I was at the London job fair and the guy who hired me for this job said that he's often thought of writing a guide book to Hong Kong entitled, Don't Look Up. He said that he is still jarred by the incongruity between what he sees at street level and what is hanging above. I completely disagree. So many times I've looked up and caught views and vistas that would be impossible except for the reflections on the buildings. It's like so many big cities where the buildings can keep the sunlight from touching you, but in Hong Kong there isn't the brick - instead it's all glass. My son saw and framed the best reflection picture I've made so far, but it's missing in the morass that is various back-ups, hard drives, dropped laptops and school servers. Today, though, I looked up and saw this.

No comments: